By Marek Kuczma
Marek Kuczma used to be born in 1935 in Katowice, Poland, and died there in 1991.
After completing highschool in his domestic city, he studied on the Jagiellonian collage in Kraków. He defended his doctoral dissertation less than the supervision of Stanislaw Golab. within the 12 months of his habilitation, in 1963, he acquired a place on the Katowice department of the Jagiellonian college (now college of Silesia, Katowice), and labored there until eventually his death.
Besides his numerous administrative positions and his awesome instructing task, he comprehensive first-class and wealthy clinical paintings publishing 3 monographs and a hundred and eighty clinical papers.
He is taken into account to be the founding father of the prestigious Polish institution of practical equations and inequalities.
"The moment half the name of this publication describes its contents properly. most likely even the main dedicated professional shouldn't have concept that approximately three hundred pages could be written with regards to the Cauchy equation (and on a few heavily comparable equations and inequalities). And the publication is in no way chatty, and doesn't even declare completeness. half I lists the necessary initial wisdom in set and degree thought, topology and algebra. half II offers information on recommendations of the Cauchy equation and of the Jensen inequality [...], particularly on non-stop convex capabilities, Hamel bases, on inequalities following from the Jensen inequality [...]. half III offers with comparable equations and inequalities (in specific, Pexider, Hosszú, and conditional equations, derivations, convex services of upper order, subadditive features and balance theorems). It concludes with an expedition into the sector of extensions of homomorphisms in general." (Janos Aczel, Mathematical Reviews)
"This publication is a true vacation for the entire mathematicians independently in their strict speciality. you possibly can think what deliciousness represents this e-book for useful equationists." (B. Crstici, Zentralblatt für Mathematik)
Read or Download An Introduction to the Theory of Functional Equations and Inequalities: Cauchy's Equation and Jensen's Inequality PDF
Best differential equations books
Authored through one of many world's prime professionals on numerical equipment this replace of 1 of the traditional references on numerical research, outlines fresh advancements within the box and providing a close assessment of the realm. the single ebook to supply either a close therapy of Runge-Kutta equipment and an intensive exposition of basic linear tools, it additionally presents useful suggestions on fixing equations linked to normal linear equipment, hence delivering tips to people who desire to advance their very own machine code.
Scattering concept for dissipative and time-dependent platforms has been intensively studied within the final fifteen years. the consequences during this box, in accordance with a number of instruments and methods, will be present in many released papers. This monograph provides an technique that are utilized to areas of either even and unusual size.
The strategies guide that is going with this e-book is through some distance the simplest options handbook i have ever visible. It really is going from begin to end on the way you determine lots of the difficulties. you have got to investigate a few math from prior math periods to determine how they received to at least one step within the answer, yet it really is by no means something significant.
This conventional textual content is meant for mainstream one- or two-semester differential equations classes taken through undergraduates majoring in engineering, arithmetic, and the sciences. Written via of the world’s top professionals on differential equations, Simmons/Krantz offers a cogent and obtainable creation to dull differential equations written in classical sort.
- Elliptic Pseudo-Differential Operators - An Abstract Theory
- The Theory of Differential Equations: Classical and Qualitative
- Partial Differential Equations: Analytical Solution Techniques
- Die Lie-Reihen und ihre Anwendungen
Additional resources for An Introduction to the Theory of Functional Equations and Inequalities: Cauchy's Equation and Jensen's Inequality
2) B \ A ∈ Σ. Since A ⊂ B, we have A = B \ (B \ A) ∈ Σ. 2. Every analytic set has the Baire property. In Part II of the present book we will encounter many sets without the Baire property, and hence non-analytic. 8. 8 Cantor-Bendixson theorem The Cantor-Bendixson theorem belongs to standard part of any university course on the topology of metric spaces. But we prove it here because of its application in the theory of analytic sets. Let X be a metric space and A ⊂ X. A point x ∈ X is called a point of accumulation of A iﬀ for every neighbourhood U of x we have card (U ∩ A) > 1.
7. Let Y be a separable topological space, and let A ⊂ X × Y be a set of the ﬁrst category. 5) is of the ﬁrst category. Proof. We have A = ∞ An , where the sets An ⊂ X × Y are nowhere dense. 2, for every n ∈ N, there exists a set Pn ⊂ X, of the ﬁrst category, such that for every x ∈ Pn the set An [x] is nowhere dense. Put ∞ P = Pn . 8) n=1 is of the ﬁrst category. 8) is true observe that y ∈ A[x] ⇔ (x, y) ∈ A ⇔ there exists an n ∈ N such that (x, y) ∈ An ⇔ there exists an n ∈ N such that y ∈ An [x] ⇔ y ∈ ∞ n=1 An [x].
We have Aα = α<Ω Mα = B(X) . α<Ω Proof. 1 (i) Aα ⊂ Mα+1 ⊂ Mα , and Aα ⊂ Mα . Similarly, for every α < Ω we have α<Ω α<Ω Mα ⊂ Aα+1 ⊂ α<Ω Aα , and α<Ω Mα ⊂ α<Ω Aα . 1 (iii) α<Ω Mα , α<Ω Mα ⊂ B(X). , it must contain B(X). Take a sequence of sets An ∈ Aα . Then, for every n ∈ N, there exists an α<Ω αn < Ω such that An ∈ Aαn . 4 there exists an ordinal number α greater than every number αn . This has been constructed as α = B + 1, where, in the present case B = ∞ Γ(αn ). We have for every n ∈ N , Γ(αn ) = αn < Ω, whence n=1 card Γ(αn) = αn ℵ0 .
An Introduction to the Theory of Functional Equations and Inequalities: Cauchy's Equation and Jensen's Inequality by Marek Kuczma