By Meryl Ann Butler
Quilting hasn't ever been this easy!
If you have got consistently desired to test quilting yet did not imagine you had the time, or if you have been quilting for years and wish a enjoyable holiday from complicated tasks, then 90-Minute Quilts is simply the ebook for you!
Through easy-to-follow timesaving ideas and using demonstrated instruments, writer Meryl Ann Butler indicates you ways to sew up every thing from four-patch pillow and wall hangings to crib-size child quilts and bigger snuggle/lap quilts.
In the time it takes to observe a function movie, now you can create a beautiful memento to provide as a present or cherish on your own residence. Now that is ninety mins of natural leisure.
Read or Download 90-Minute Quilts. 25+ Projects You Can Make in an Afternoon PDF
Similar needlecrafts & textile crafts books
Within the center a while pictorial embroidery used to be certainly one of the advantageous arts, and people who made images with needle and thread have been usually as hugely expert and hugely valued as those that made images with brush and pigment. Franco-Flemish and Flemish pictorial embroideries of the 1st half the 15th century are infrequent at the present time, and a chain as vast and engaging because the one analyzed the following can rarely be equaled.
Tunisian crochet is a kind of crocheting within which every one row is made of parts--placing loops at the hook, and dealing them off. The paintings isn't became, so one aspect of the paintings, frequently front, is usually dealing with you.
Ebook by way of Colvin, Joan
Butterflies within the means of tatting. Description and diagrams.
- Beyond Basic Crocheting: Techniques and Projects to Expand Your Skills
- Celebrate the Seasons. Ribbon Embroidery by Machine
- Sew Fabulous Fabric
- Sashiko: Traditional Japanese Quilt Designs
- Treasures of Tutankhamun in needlepoint
- Super Simple Quilts #4 with Alex Anderson Liz Aneloski: 9 Applique Projects to Sew With or Without a Machine
Extra info for 90-Minute Quilts. 25+ Projects You Can Make in an Afternoon
2. Smooth out and pin the corners and raw edges down with straight pins or quilters' safety pins. 3. Thread the machine with thread that contrasts with the top and load the bobbin with thread to match the backing. Start with a full bobbin. 4. Begin in a corner by first backstitching and then machine quilting a straight line across each square from corner to corner of each square on the diagonal. 5. Stitch to ¼″ of raw edges on outside squares. When you get to a stopping point at the edge of the squares, leave the needle in the down position, raise the presser foot and reposition the quilt, lower presser foot, and begin stitching along the next diagonal.
8. Place the backing on a flat surface, right-side down, smoothing out any wrinkles. Place the batting on top. 9. Pin the center column 3 and sew all columns down. QUILT Quilt, using thread to match the backing fabric in the bobbin. Detail of square on the quilt front after quilting. BIND Trim the backing to 3½″ and the batting to 1¼″. Follow the Self-Binding section on page 23. QUILT LAYOUT Bali Batik Baby Quilt This lovely little quilt is a variation of the basic checkerboard design. Made without batting, it gets its body from the soft flannel backing.
BEFORE BEGINNING Consult the Getting Started section for piecing, sewing and quilting techniques. CUT 1. Select a stripe to be the primary diagonal that will run from corner to corner on your 6″ block. You may select any stripe for this, but once you have chosen one, then every 6″ square must be cut exactly the same way. ) To experiment with different looks before cutting your fabric, make photocopies to cut up and arrange. The black-and-white copies will help you see the value relationships and offer the opportunity to try a few different possibilities before cutting fabric.
90-Minute Quilts. 25+ Projects You Can Make in an Afternoon by Meryl Ann Butler